You can make a difference!
The PMHP works with and through its volunteers in a variety of service areas such as administrative and research support, as well as assistance with a range of other tasks in one of our four programmes or at our head office in Cape Town.
Unfortunately, we are currently not accepting any further volunteer applications. Please check again in 2019!
Opportunities exist for the PMHP to host graduate students undertaking Masters, Doctoral or post-doctoral studies engaging in high-quality research of mutual interest in a range of related disciplines.
Examples of previously hosted research
- Motherhood and emotional distress in a South African township: an ethnographic investigation of postnatal depression in sociocultural context. (PhD)
- A qualitative investigation of depressed mothers’ experiences with respect to functioning and participation. (Post-doc)
- Barriers to accessing maternal mental health care. (Honours)
- Formative work towards the development of a group-based intervention for vulnerable mothers.
Administrative Support and Data entry
- general administration
- data cleaning and data entry (using Epidata and Excel)
- managing and updating PMHP beneficiary information and ensuring dissemination to all PMHP sites
- confidentiality is extremely important
- numeracy and literacy
- high level of computer literacy
- data entry experience
- a logical and detail-oriented approach
- willingness to work at several PMHP sites including: Mowbray Maternity Hospital, False Bay Hospital, Hanover Park Community Health Centre and our Rosebank offices.
- own transport (petrol for PMHP-related tasks/errands will be re-imbursed)
- weekdays only
- minimum 3 months commitment
Please fill out this application form and send your CV via email if you would like to volunteer for the PMHP.
Social Media volunteers
The PMHP is improving its social media presence every day. If you have a passion for writing, experience with online media campaigns or simply want to add creative ideas to our online communication, we’d love to hear from you. Please fill out this application form and send your CV via email if you are interested in becoming one of the PMHP’s virtual volunteers.
Contribute photographs to our advocacy campaigns.
Images of mothers and their children help to make our materials accessible, and help in our outreach efforts in communities where maternal mental illness is highly stigmatised. Photographers or artists who would like to contribute images, with permission, to the PMHP, can email these directly to us. All images will be fully acknowledged whenever used.